“I’d love to book a family session with you, but I’m afraid it’s going to be hard with a toddler and a 4 year old.” I also get, “What if my child doesn’t behave? Will we have enough time?” These are comments and questions I get from clients, and they always stop me dead in my tracks.
The last thing a session should be is stressful. That’s why today I’m sharing my top 5 tips for 100% stress free family sessions.
- Bring snacks! Kids get cranky when they’re hungry. Snacks also serve as great bribes. Just make sure it’s not something messy!
- Arrive on time. Nothing starts a session off on the wrong foot like being stressed because you’re running late
- Have someone watch the kids. Plan on having your spouse, another family member, or friend watch your kids while you get yourself ready so you can look and feel your best before leaving the house.
- Bring back up. If you have a family member or friend that your kids love and respond well to, see if they can come with you to the session. It always helps to have an extra set of hands.
- Fake it till you make it! I’ve been there. I get it. You feel stressed because your kids aren’t sitting still, they’re acting silly, driving you crazy, etc. Oftentimes, those end up being the best photos. You know what ruins it? The parents. (Sorry!) The kids are having fun, but the parents look stressed, aggravated, etc. My tip for parents: Have fun with them! It really makes for cute photos and memories.